2017-2018 Westgate Community Club Officers
Julie Smith-President firstname.lastname@example.org
Brooke Shown-Vice President. email@example.com
Mitch Urosevich-Secretary. firstname.lastname@example.org
Angelia Kerst-Treasurer. email@example.com
To contact us or to volunteer, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Student Directory information here.
About Westgate Community Club
As a parent or guardian of a child at Westgate, you are welcomed and encouraged to become an active member of the Westgate Community Club. The purpose of the Westgate Community Club is to be an organization through which parents can meet and work together to be of service to Westgate Elementary. It is our intent to be inclusive of the entire parent, teacher and student community.
Community Club Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of every month, 6 p.m. in the Media Center.
Who is the community club? Simply put, you are! Staff, parents, and guardians of children attending Westgate Elementary School are automatically members and we need your involvement! The Community Club is governed by a volunteer board composed of a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
Our mission is to promote the common interests of families with children enrolled at Westgate Elementary School and other residents of the Westgate neighborhood. We do this through events and activities that are organized by a volunteer chairperson and committee members. Some events raise funds, some support the excellent academic programs and teachers, and some are just for fun! All of them help make our schools a great place for our children to learn.
How can I participate?
- Attend the monthly Community Club meetings.
- Support our fundraising activities, including Entertainment Books, Spring Craft Fair, Box Tops for Education, and Campbell’s Soup Labels.
- Read the monthly Westgate Newsletter for all upcoming events at our school.
- Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/WestgateCommunityClub
Community Club Fundraising Events:
- TAGG:— Together a Greater Good. Doing some shopping? Going out to eat? Check whether the store or restaurant is a partner with Together a Greater Good (TAGG). TAGG is an app that allows you to “tagg” a purchase at a participating retailer. A portion of your purchase is donated to the cause of your choice. Download the app and get started today! http://www.togetheragreatergood.com/
- Proseeds: Register your credit or debit card and each time you use it at a participating retailer they’ll donate 5% or your purchase to WCC. https://www.giveproseeds.com
- Box Tops & Campbell’s Soup Labels:Box Tops and Campbell’s Labels are always welcome! Classroom collection contests will be held periodically through the year. Collection envelopes have been placed in each classroom.
- Arby’s Nights:The second Thursday of every month from 4 to 9 PM, Arby’s invites Westgate families to dine with them. Everyone who identifies themselves as a friend or family member of Westgate gets their meal receipt added to the Westgate sales. Arbys donates a percentage of that total back to Westgate.
- Subway Night: Eat at Subway on the first Tuesday of the month for Westgate night and a portion of the proceeds go back to Westgate.
“Slice of the Pie” Night: Come enjoy a slice of pizza and give back to Westgate. Eat at Godfather’s in Aksarben Village (2117 S. 67th St.) on the third Wednesday of the month and they will donate a portion of your purchase to our school. Hours are between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.